Anyway, this weekend was finally perfect weather so Saturday we took a train to Tunis and another train to this town and then walked around until we saw what we deemed a hike-able route and set off. As we were looking for this route we walked through some villages and actually some Saturday day markets which was pretty cool. We definitely stuck out like sore thumbs but whatever. When we saw our first hike-able route a construction worker approached us and warned us that we should not hike there as there were "evil dogs and dangerous men" (in French). Good thing he was there to warn us. We asked if another route to the left would be better and he didn't seem to be worried so off we went. We went through another village and after we passed a muddy futbol field, up we hiked. This local boy was trailing behind us which was kind of funny we waved and smiled "Aslama" but he seemed amused enough to just watch us.. about 1/3 of the way up he was still following. We finally seemed warm enough I guess and maybe we montioned him over, I can't remember, he joined us. His name was something like "Isme" but he became our tour guide. This route was extremely familiar to him and he hiked up (and down) like it was nothing. Oh, and he was 13 years old.
I could go on about this hike a lot more and perhaps I will later but I'm about to lose internet connection so I will update more in about a week. For now, here's a picture! Haha, kind of an awkward one but the view is nice.
Tomorrow we leave for the South!! We're gone for a week but I'm sure I'll return wit MANY beautiful pictures, sights and stories... I also need to pack!
I love this picture. and the trip sounds like its going very well! Glad your having fun and keeeping safe misssy. this pic reminded me of when you were at my house, and i was like MOM take it up and down, so he comes closer to us and takes just our face. of leona. ps they asked about you the other day! MWAH KISSES BFF
ReplyDeleteyou are so cute. the hike sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteumm ps. LOVE the CARES shirt!
ReplyDelete