Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm here!

Tunisian kids who were at the baths.  They were very eager to talk to Americans haha.  
Old Baths




Ruins of Aqueducts


I'm here!  And it's great!  This post is for Ms. Laura Lee.. I'm going to list everything that I ate.. 

-Fresh squeezed organge juice!!  - the best I've EVER had and I can't wait for more tomorrow morning!
-Some bread and cheese spread - also YUM
-This like mix of veggies and spicy chili spread (which goes with everything) that you eat with bread 
-This like soupy thing with a runny egg in the middle but it was SO good and it's served with fries.  It was really good.  
-Then the best part: the fish.. some kind of sea bass and it was SO fresh and AMAZING.. def the best fish I've ever had.  Hopefully a place we'll frequent here.  
-Lemon Sorbet which was AMAZING.  It was wicked fresh and reallly good.  

So far that's it.  

Then today we also went to Carthage which was pretty... a lot of ruins.  The first picture I posted is one of some Tunisian kids that were at the baths for most likely a field trip.  They were eager to talk to Americans.  The second one is of runis of baths.  The last one is where we actually went first, some old aqueducts.  Oh, and the best part was that the ruins of the baths were right by the ocean with mountians in the background.  It was really pretty.  


Later today I'm meeting my host family.. yikes!  Hopefully we'll be able to chat despite the language barrier... hmm.  

Love you all, I'll update more later!  

3 comments:

  1. Randy- "She's there and shes already getting that much food."
    I'm home for the weekend and i just read that post to my parents. dad says the runny egg sounds gross but he would like to try the sea bass....
    thanks for the post. you know i loved every moment of it. Im jealous of the orange juice!
    I'm glad you made it safe. sounds like its beautiful and you like the group your in. Tell me about the host family! Miss u & love from the Rianhards. obvi including sheba

    ReplyDelete
  2. So FRESH is your current adjective of choice? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it is extremely fitting so yes, I suppose it is.

    ReplyDelete