Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm here!


So I’m finally here!  (this is a picture of our hotel room) Let me tell you guys, it’s AMAZING.  I feel like this is directly out of some picture book or beautiful foreign movie or something.  The houses along the street are actually white with those bright blue doors and the cobblestone roads and sidewalks only add to the effect.  The best part of this is at night when the sun is setting it colors the houses and makes it that much nicer.  I wish I took pictures to show you guys everything but I guess I’ll have the same opportunity later.  We are right next to the Mediterranean with mountains along the same viewpoint and it’s really just breathtaking… especially with a sunset. 

Today was a lot of driving around and a lot of meeting people.  We did not do anything particularly eventful except for get partially acquainted with the both area and each other and stay up for about  36 hours.  However, it’s been a great experience.  I don’t think any of us have completely realized that we are really here but we’ve got to know each other fairly well.  Everyone in the group seems really great and I can’t to get to know more about them… and I especially can’t wait until we all start talking about pop culture and globalization because that’s just how much of a dork I am.  We definitely all have completely different experiences, perspectives and fields of study- perfect if you ask me. 

Okay, well tomorrow we are kind of getting a better idea of everything.  We are a- getting a tour of Carthage (!) b- meeting our host families (!!)  and c- eating some really great seafood meal (!).  I’m sure there’s a lot else involved but those are the highlights I suppose.  I need to go because I really don’t have much time and I know I will have more opportunities to update in the upcoming weeks. 

Love you all and I cannot wait to hear about your experiences also!!  xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment